Friday, April 3, 2009

Graduation Day

Yesterday we went for our 8 1/2 week visit to the RE's office and our second ultrasound. We actually got to see our doctor this time (there's three doctors in the practice and the last time we saw OUR doctor was when I started the Clomid in November). He's so wonderful - very personable and chatty and at least acts like he remembers us. Everything went fantastic and he announced that we have now graduated on to our regular OB - and I can stop taking the progesterone in two weeks (thank goodness!).


Another great part of the visit was when I told him who we had selected for our OB practice he got very excited and happy and said they are wonderful and we are in great hands. Made me feel better that he recognized the name and spoke very highly of them. We didn't use any references from friends or family to select the practice, just found them based off my own research and the fact that they are fantastically close to my work and home (only three miles away!).


So here's the picture - 8 weeks and 5 days (again I apologize for the picture quality - stupid scanner at work just won't do it):





On another note - I had a fun visit to a cardiologist on Wednesday this week. When we went to our first OB visit two weeks ago they listened to my heart and found that it was irregular (mine, not the baby's). So they referred me to a cardiologist for a visit. They did an ekg and they've found that I have a premature ventricular contraction. They took some blood and I'm going in next week for an echocardiogram to make sure there's no structural issues. But I'm not really worried right now. The cardiologist said that this can be caused b/c of pregnancy due to the increase in blood volume and it can cause the heart to have a funky beat occasionally. It doesn't bother me and it doesn't hurt so as long as that remains that way they probably won't do much other than monitor me.
Always an adventure! But everything with the baby looks good and its measuring right on target (actually one day ahead). We'll be 9 weeks tomorrow :)

2 comments:

  1. yay for a healthy baby! Boooo for the heart thing. Make sure to take care of yourself there sweetie. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So happy for you!

    Hope the heart thing turns out OK... I'll be reading!

    ReplyDelete