1) For the first time ever in my life (I think), my work pants are more comfortable than my casual pants (jeans, capri's, etc). The bella band DOES NOT work at all with my jeans very well or my capri's that I wore over the weekend. On the other hand it works FABULOUSLY with my work pants. Most comfortable ever! So it looks like maybe I'll be able to avoid spending some money right away on maternity work pants, but I think when I get home from this business trip I'll be going shopping for some new jeans and some new shorts.
I walked into Motherhood Maternity this past weekend with the thought that I should buy some shorts, but I just got really overwhelmed and bailed out really quick. I told Jeff that this weekend when I get home I'm going to need his help and encouragement in buying this stuff. Don't get me wrong - I'm super happy about being pregnant and the changes that come with it, but its really a mental mind-block that I'm wrestling with. I'm not sure why though... its not like I thought I wouldn't have to buy these at some point. Although I think part of it is that I have friends who have said they were able to use the bella band until 16-18 weeks... and here I am at 12 weeks busting out the bella band and looking at moving to maternity clothes. I know everybody is different but I'm so freaked out about gaining too much weight (more than the recommended 30 lbs). I am dreading the scale after this trip as I haven't been eating all that healthy either - at least at home I was eating a balanced diet of fruit, veggies, and meats... here... well a whole heck of alot of pasta and sandwiches - including a few Philly Cheesesteaks (which btw are awesome, but give me wicked heartburn).
Ok done with the rambling about pants and food, etc...
2) Second observation for the day - why do the "models" for maternity wear look like they may have just stuck their bellies out really far and then posed... some of these ladies look suspiciously not pregnant.... And on that note - how exactly do you become a maternity model? I would imagine its a short-lived career since all these pictures seem to be of 4-5 month pregnancies and not much beyond that... ok maybe just 2nd trimester... but seriously - what's up with everybody being skinny? You'd think for once in our lives that we could get some realistic looking models and not have to deal with looking at skinny pregnant biatches while dealing with the realities of a normal pregnancy which includes bloating in all sorts of unattractive places and expanding in more places than just the waist and boobs. Oh well - I'll get over it, was just an observation.
No comments:
Post a Comment