Thursday, April 9, 2009

Feeling a little frustrated today

So on Tuesday while I was talking to a friend of mine about what pregnancy has been like so far, she asked me if I've gone ballistic on Jeff yet. You know - that infamous pregnancy hormonal unreasonable irritability/its all your fault (when its not really his fault)/can't be calmed down or see anything rationally ballistic that you hear about. At the time I said "well... I don't think so, but you'll have to ask Jeff about it, b/c if it does happen I'm not sure if in the throes of the moment I would be able to identify my lack of reasonableness".

Well, it happened last night, to a degree. I had finally fallen asleep at about 10:30 last night, and my dear darling husband, who I love so so much, and is so good to me, arrived home at about 12:30am from work (normal) .... and then something woke me up. All I remember was the covers all of a sudden felt too heavy, but I was cold without them, and he was waaaayyyy too close to me. Every little noise was driving me nuts and I kicked our cats out of the bedroom b/c just their walking at the end of the bed was irritating. Yup - I was having an irrational fit. I wasn't per se mad at my husband, just generally agitated that I was awake. After getting up a few times to fix the covers, a bunch of deep dramatic sighs and feeling like I wanted to cry I got relatively comfortable and pretty much passed out again.

And dear darling husband? Well I don't think he could have handled it much better - he asked me what was wrong and when I gave him an answer that made zero sense he didn't argue with me or anything. He just let me have my little fit and didn't get mad at me tossing and turning and being all dramatic. I love him - sometimes (ok alot of the time) he is so awesome.

So my irritation continues today. I talked to my OB yesterday afternoon and they told me that I need to go see an endocrinologist. They called me with a name and number today and said go make an appointment. I was a little put off since they made my cardiology appointment for me. But I didn't make a big deal out of it... so I called the number and guess what... they're scheduling new patients starting in August! Uhhh.... that's not going to work. I'm going to be, oh, about SIX or SEVEN months pregnant at that point... and based on everything I've been told and that I'm reading on Dr. Google - this hyperthyroid thing isn't deadly and isn't going to hurt the baby but it needs to be controlled and medicated most likely ... througout the pregnancy... not just the end! I didn't even know what to say or to argue back. But I did feel like saying "But I'm pregnant! I need to see a dr!" but of course I didn't, b/c I was feeling rational at that point and realized, obviously if somebody was calling the endocrinologist they obviously need to see the dr. What irks me is that you know that they have open appointments probably for next week, but that's for current patients, not new ones. My luck is I'm going to have to go find a dr somewhere on the other side of town like 40 miles away. Ugh... and now the OB office won't call me back to give me another name and number to call... when they do I might ask them to set up the appointment (you know - use I'm from a doctor office and my patient needs to be seen right away, pull).

Ok as a parting note, I know all of this could be worse... I'm just feeling a little irrational and irritable today.

No comments:

Post a Comment