Monday, February 21, 2011

funny thing, parenthood/motherhood has done to me...

pre-Langdon (we'll call it PL): one of my favorite ways to spend a Saturday or Sunday (at least for the majority of the morning) was in bed with dh... maybe watch a little tv, sleep in till 10ish... and maybe just move to the couch for the rest of the day. The week was exhausting so the weekends were for recharging the batteries... the laundry could wait, the vaccumming could wait (or I had thought ahead and did it during the week, etc.

Post- Langdon (no acronym since I've already used PL): up and at em by 7am.. even if he's not awake yet, which is a total bonus if he's not because then I can get dressed and go to the bathroom without an audience! Even when he's not around and is say at the in-laws for an overnight stay the morning when he's not here feels rather wasted because there are so many things I could get done since he's not with us.

I started thinking about this the last two days as I've been sick at home since Thursday last week... yup sick for the last five days. Nothing sucks more than being sick when both parents are sick, the kid is healthy and happy and full of energy and you're the less sick parent of the two (that was me Thursday and part of Friday until we unloaded L to the in-laws). But the last two days for me - Sunday and Monday have been spent in bed the entire day and sleeping for most of it trying to get better. This afternoon I was starting to feel better and it was driving me insane thinking about all the laundry, vacuuming, and other projects (sewing stuff and hanging curtains) that I've been wanting to get done but haven't' yet cause I haven't had the time. Here I am - laying in bed... kid not around... all this time.. wasted because of this stupid sickness. Ugh!

I find it amusing to think of how much I've changed as a person in that regard since having Langdon in our lives. Now I still procrastinate about a lot of things, but I definitely don't procrastinate the way I used to. Langdon free time is a precious commodity that is not to be squandered on sitting on the couch watching TV (that's for after he goes to bed) or doing nothing. It is for getting the kitchen cleaned up, getting some reading done, or as long as dh is around, if its during naptime - running out to get some errands taken care. I'm starting to understand how these moms of two, three or more kids seem so organized and so together... they couldn't survive otherwise!

No comments:

Post a Comment