Saturday, February 19, 2011

Biggest Scam on the Planet

The price of diapers. Yea - I know - everybody already knows that this is the biggest ripoff. Basically equates to taping some dollars to your sweet dear child's butt and letting them poop and pee on them before you throw them out.

But its a necessity. However, there is a bigger scam out there folks. Its the actual pricing and packaging of these diapers. So when you have to buy, say newborn or size 1 diapers you get roughly 100 in a pack and the price works out to something like 22 cents/diapers. (i'm doing rough estimates so please don't check my numbers here) - and the pack costs about $22. Not too bad, I mean not going to cause me to be poop'd and pee'd out of my home due to cost. BUT here's where they getcha - for some reason diaper manufacturers think that as your child grows they use less diapers (generally true) but even though the size of the diapers increases only a little each time they put sometimes up to 15-20 less diapers in a pack... AND charge you the same price! Yup so I'm buying size 4 diapers now for that same $22 price but I'm getting only about 60 diapers. Ripoff you say? I completely agree! So not only does feeding my kid get more expensive as they get older it requires more dollar bills to tape to his butt to ensure my house stays clean.

I can see where the motivation to potty train relatively early comes from, especially if you have an above average sized child and you have been buying the "bigger" size 4, 5's and even 6's diapers for awhile....

No comments:

Post a Comment