Since my heart/thyroid medical issue that popped up in my first trimester of pregnancy (which IMO has not really been much of an issue except for the fact that I donated a vial of blood and a $35 copay to the endocrinologist every 5 weeks during the entire pregnancy), I have had to continue to go to the endocrinologist. I get to go every six months... at first I thought it was just a few times after delivering and my thyroid hormone levels in my blood were all good so I thought no more visiting Dr. Panini (its really something much longer but it kind of sounds like panini). I was wrong... I guess they found some lumps on my thyroid so that is why I get to go back and have a five minute visit for the cost of a vial of blood and $35 copay every six months.
Anyways, so everything is good and fine. My thyroid levels are "perfect" to quote directly, and there are no changes on my scan... he mumbled something about location so he doesn't want to touch them, but they don't seem to be causing an issue either so no need to get drastic. He said he'll see me in six months but if I do become pregnant I need to call him right away as I will need to get back on a 5 week cycle again (joy). it was then my turn to mumble, well there's nothing being planned on that one so no worries... of course then I had to ask if our issues with getting pregnant in the first place may have been caused by my out of whack thyroid. He said most definitely could have been a factor. then he proceed that it is a perfect time to get pregnant. he was most emphatic that I should consider getting pregnant now. Like we went around and around in a circle of me saying - no this isn't the right time for me personally and i'm not ready, and him saying that this is the right time. The age between 30-34 is a good age and I can have two more kids by 34 and no worries. So after going round and round me saying not yet and him saying yes this is a good time, I gave up and nodded.
So I have the dr's approval if for some reason I decided to go adventuring down the reproducing path again. I would like to again, just not yet... I am enjoying having my body to myself - a case in point - two weeks ago I had a few beers while I was out and didn't have to worry about breastfeeding (did it for a year so have only been disconnected from the milk cow role for 3 months now so its still fresh in my mind and i appreciate the freedom); or over this past week i was super sick and I didn't have to limit myself to weak ass Tylenol remedies. I superdosed myself on all sorts of pregnancy/breastfeeding forbidden drugs like Nyquil, Dayquil, Zycam. It was wonderful great relief.
Bizarre conversation, but I can rest easy now I have his approval , lol
No comments:
Post a Comment