We are t-minus two weeks and three days until we get our next ultrasound. And it is THE ultrasound - where hopefully we'll find out if we're having a boy or a girl. The dr unnerved me a little about it because she warned us that about 5% of the time they aren't able to tell what it is b/c the little one decides to be modest and not cooperate. And if they get all the other measurements they need (apparently this ultrasound isn't about determining the sex, but its about checking all other parts of the anatomy) they won't do another ultrasound. Ack! That would be absolutely horrible I think!
Ok maybe not horrible - there are alot worse things but it would be hugely disappointing for sure since as long as everything is normal there will be no other insurance paid, dr ordered ultrasounds done. But in the grand scheme of all other things we've had to deal with, I think I could just accept we wouldn't know (if for some bizarre reason we were unlucky enough to have a modest baby).
In other fun events - still on watch for the first feeling of movement. I thought I felt something last weekend but I'm discounting it to be my imagination because I haven't felt anything since. It felt like bubbles popping - about four of them and then it was gone. But we're only at 16 weeks and the doc and the books all say its typical for first pregnancies that you don't feel anything until 18 and sometimes even 20 weeks! I was saying to Jeff that I just want to feel it move, but then he reminded me that there will be plenty of that down the road and I'll be saying soon enough "why won't this thing stop moving so I can go to sleep!". So I'll be patient and enjoy the couple of hours between potty breaks while I can.
Went and bought a new bathing suit yesterday too. I truly thought the process was going to be agonizing... let's face it bathing suit shopping sucks to begin with but the thought of having to do it with an expanding waist that doesn't quite look pregnant did not sound like my idea of a good time. I'm happy to report though, that it was relatively painless and I found a suit that I really like. Its plain black bikini bottoms and a tankini top that is a purple/grey/black plaid pattern that can be strapless but does have straps to attach to it.
I know I've agonized quite a bit about the weight gain and pants not fitting, but now that I am completely into maternity pants (some are a little big still, but regular pants definitely are not comfortable anymore) I'm good with how I look. I'm telling you - that 11-15 week (or so) stage where things are not fitting but you don't look pregnant isn't fun. Now I'm exicited about my belly starting to show and I'm actually starting to look a little bit preggers. Yea!
No comments:
Post a Comment