Sunday, May 10, 2009

Feeling a Little Insecure

As of yesterday we are at 14 weeks. Officially graduated into the 2nd trimester! Whoo!

Over the last week or so I've started to get a more noticeable bump (well at least me and my hubby notice it for what it is and not just that I've eaten too much food or just let myself go). And I'm a huge fan - I'm excited that there's a noticeable external sign that I'm pregnant. But whenever I get around other pregnant women (babies r'us, motherhood maternity, etc) I get all self concious about it - not that I have it, but that its not big enough for me to warrent being in those stores. Its wierd, I know, and I know there's going to be a point when I'm going to wish that I wasn't so big. But still... and then today I had the reverse insecurity... we went over to a friend's grad party and his wife is 5 weeks ahead of me. Because of the shirt she was wearing she didn't even look remotely pregnant, nevermind 19 weeks pregnant. Me on the otherhand, I was wearing a more fitted shirt and my bump was more noticeable - instantaneously I was self-concious that I was too big. *sigh* never ends does it?

In other news that is much more fun than obsessing about how my body "should" look vs. does look - we have our crib and dresser. Its all set up in the baby's room - yea! no longer the office! - and Jeff keeps telling me to get out of there. He seems to have a second sense for when I've opened the door and am just standing in the room looking at the furniture or running my hand along the crib. Its just so crazy that we have a crib - I can't wait for in 4 weeks we find out what we're having and we can start planning how to decorate!

1 comment:

  1. Dont worry about how you look! I know, I know...easier said than done. I get it. =)

    Just enjoy being pregnant sweetie.

    ReplyDelete