Sunday, May 17, 2009

Finally!

After this week and the follow-up visits with both the cardiologist and the endocrinologist I can finally start thinking about more fun things!

To start with Cardiologist:
Results from echocardiogram were all normal. Heart is functioning at proper level (55-60% - which is normal btw, my eyes got big when she first told me the results without telling me the normal part). There's no signs of valve or heart disease. I don't have to go back to her unless I start getting really short of breath, dizzy or feel that the palpatations are starting to affect the quality of my life.

Endocrinologist:
Blood test results show that the thyroid levels have not changed. Apparently they are just outside of the normal range so he does not want to medicate me at this point (yea!). The ultrasound on my thyroid shows that its normal in size and there's no cysts or tumors. Just going to go back every six weeks for another blood test for monitoring now.

So I have an appointment with my new OB on Wednesday to touch base again and then no dr's visits for FOUR WHOLE WEEKS! Whoo! Can you tell how excited I am about that? As understanding as my boss has been with all of this I'm sure he'll be happy that I'm not jetting off to see a dr two or three times a week for at least a little while.

1 comment: