Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Updates

So I've slacked a little on my writing.... Here's a few updates:

We had another ultrasound on Friday May 1. It was a screening for some particular chromosomal abnormalities. Everything looked good and normal. We weren't feeling too worried, and to be honest the biggest reason for doing the screening was that we wanted another picture! :)

It was so awesome to see the little one again - you could see the heart beating and even the little arms moving and punching around! I can't feel any of the movements yet but it was pretty cool to see it moving around in there. We weren't able to find out the sex, which really bummed Jeff out alot. His sister was told during this same screening that there was a 90% chance that they were having a girl. He was really hoping that we could get the same kind of information. But they told us its way to early to even try to take a guess of what we're having. I was a little disappointed too, but I knew that it really is too early to tell. Plus on the flip side if we knew a chance of what we were having Jeff would probably tell everybody (he can't keep things like that a secret) and I'd want to start painting the nursery and buying stuff. But without it being for sure I'd be nervous buying all that stuff and have the possiblility that we'd have to return it in two months. So overall I'm ok with waiting a little while longer. It seems like it's going to be forever but I'm ok waiting for now.

We took a really big, brave (in my opinion) step this past weekend. We bought a crib, crib mattress, and dresser/change table combo. Eeek! It was a little surreal once we sat down to actually order the stuff. Jeff didn't fully understand why I was sort of freaking out about it, but its a big deal! Its the first stuff that we've bought for the baby and they're really big items - like semi-non-returnable type items (although I'm sure there's some sort of return policy). It just really hit me that this is really happening. Jeff was making fun of me b/c when I said this makes it feel more real he asked if the ultrasounds and seeing the baby didn't make it real enough. I see his point, but its just such a big step and committment. It was really taking a step forward that we feel like everything is going to be ok.

We had our OB appointment today with the new doctor that I selected. I have just given up trying to get the previous ones to respond at all. The visit went really well and we found out some information that I wish somebody would have told us about 4 weeks ago...

APPARENTLY during the first trimester blood tests can indicate a fasle thyroid issue. The new OB said she is very interested in seeing how the results turn out from this week's blood test. So basically depending on how things go with my follow-up visit with the endocrinologist next week it may be a non-issue that I've been stressing about for the last three or four weeks. WOULD.HAVE.BEEN.NICE.TO.KNOW!!! Ugh... Just would have been really nice if my previous OB's office would have given me that kind of explanation - b/c the endocrinologists have been acting like the sky is falling.

The great thing is that I have another OB appointment in two weeks to go over the medical records that they get from my various doctors and to talk about the results from the endocrinologist and the echocardiogram with the cardiologist. Hopefully this will all be because of first trimester stuff and it will all go away and the rest of my pregnancy can be normal.

I do have pictures to post from our ultrasound but of course I left the disc at work and so I'll have to update those later... Have been doing some "belly" pictures but I haven't posted any 'cause to be honest I think I just look a little bit fat. Once it starts to actually look like there's a baby belly happening I'll get those up here :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting! I have been waiting! That is great news about the false tests for your thyroid. Keep me updated! I can't wait to see the baby furnature you guys picked out!

    ReplyDelete