Monday, August 24, 2009

Bring on the Sugar!

I passed! Whoo - no 3-hr fasting test or GD for me! I know it wouldn't be the end of the world, but hey its one less lab visit I need to make and one less thing to worry about.

Doctor appointment on Friday went well. We had another ultrasound. We got a 3D pic of our boy - its not as clear as I would have hoped. I blame it on the tech (she was brand new and had trouble leading us back to where the ultrasound room was) but I know its mostly my baby's fault... he was turned face down and had one of his hands covering half his face. Booo... So was a little disappointed but at the same time, I don't really care. We're going to be meeting him in person in about 2 1/2 months anyways. Here's the pic :







You can see his little hand is right next to his nose and if you look closely underneath you can see his lips and chin. He's measuring around 3lbs right now. They didn't give me the total length though, and for the life of me I can't discern all the measurements and figure out if they come up with a total length at this point. Ah well - maybe in two weeks I'll remember to ask. The only part of the visit that I wasn't very thrilled with was after the ultrasound we saw the doc. She used a measuring tape to measure the size of my belly from pubic bone to the fundus (top of uterus). She then proceeded to say "well its good thing we did the ultrasound, he's measuring a little small but you're measuring big". Thanks lady... really 'preciate that one. So you're saying that I'm bigger than scheduled and I can't blame the kid for it? I've been seriously lacking sleep lately and Friday was a peak no sleep day so of course I wasn't on my game and thinking of what kind of questions to ask. Namely - why am I measuring big if the kid is small... and I really don't think I'm overweight or have gained too much weight so far. *sigh* of course I'll have to wait until two weeks from now to ask, and at that point see if I even care to ask. After that mental judo moment I beat myself up for a few mintues, got over it and had a grilled cheese for lunch. I figure this is the one time in my life I'm not going to be judged for my weight so embrace it right!?!
So we now have less than 11 weeks to go. The last two weeks have dragged on for eternity - actually the whole month of August has dragged on. I told dh last night that I'm tired of waiting for things to happen. We are moving to a new house in the beginning of October (yea I know, we're nuts), the shower is scheduled for late September, and then the event that we've all been waiting for is early November... I'm hoping this week goes by a little more quickly. Its only a 3 day work week for me - we'll be leaving for San Diego Thursday morning and coming home on Sunday. One last trip away - our babymoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment