Saturday, July 31, 2010

Why do we torture ourselves?

Why is that us women come up with social functions that make us feel like poking ourselves in the eyes might be more fun than being at said function? Functions that I am referring to are bridal showers, baby showers and...

Playdates.

I have determined I am not a playdate kind of mom. Well at least not a playdate with a bunch of people that I don't know really well and they all know each other really well, and their kids are all girls, mine's a boy... and well it just wasn't very compatible. Frankly it was boring. I was happy to finally be able to leave.

I think I'll stick to hanging out with my close friends in a one on one or small group of friends basis (where we all know each other well). Then we can avoid the constant "what does your kid do" "well my kid does this, or started this when... "
And to top it off = all of these mom's were stay at home moms, so I couldn't even ask them what do they do for a living... cause this ws pretty much it. ugh...



Side note - some bridal showers and baby showers are fun, especially when the person of honor is a close friend and you are involved. However most of the time I want to poke my eyes out because it is four hours of sitting on somebody's couch next to a bunch of people I don't know and I have nothing to talk about them with.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, does NOT sound like fun and I agree on the showers! I love planning that stuff but rarely like attending.

    ReplyDelete