The last few days I've been a little worried, a little borderline freaked out, b/c my body was doing things that it did when I was pregnant with L... heartburn, so so tired all the time, and a little weight gain. While I would be probably mostly ecstatic if we were pregnant it would be a big shock and frankly a financial panic. An $800/month daycare bill is about all we can afford right now... $1600/mo is absolutely unaffordable.
Went to bed last night at 7:45, exhausted, and wondering.
This morning I got my answer.
Ah, Aunt Flo, you wily old hag. I had almost forgotten about you. Its been over 17 months since I saw you. Yup, 17 MONTHS. I had forgotten the pre-visit bloating, tiredness, etc. Can't say I'm completely thrilled for this aspect of my life to be back. But on the other hand right now is not the time to be getting knocked up again and I was starting to wonder if by some freak chance something did connect while I was still breastfeeding how would we know until I started to bust out of my pants.
So this morning was a panic to find something other than the pillow sized maxi pads that I had left over from post-delivery. Thankfully I found something and a bunch of tampons that were stuffed in the back of the cabinet.
Just gotta say, after not having it for so long, I had gotten kind of used to it, and now its just wierd...
17 months...wow - it took your body a long time to get back to normal. Are you still breastfeeding?
ReplyDeleteyup still truckin' along... hating every minute of it though (pumping, since its very rare that I actual nurse him). Of course, I know how good it is for the little man, and I am grateful that I'm able to do it and not have any major issues.
ReplyDeleteStill - its a pain in the ass.