On Sunday my husband and I realized that we are parents and we have fully morphed into our new identity. Because only parents can understand the excitement and actually celebrate when their little bundle of joy poops for the first time in approximately 4-5 days.
Picture this:
I'm sitting upstairs watching tv, pumping. Dh is downstairs with son. He shouts "Jenn! We have poop! Repeat! Confirmed Poop!" He runs up the stairs holding son out to prevent any poop getting squished out of sides of diaper (because apparently it was that big), with a big smile on his face and son has a bemeused look of "whoo this is a fun way to run up the stairs". I disconnect and follow my boys to son's room to witness confirmation of said poop. Yup there's poop in the diaper. We proceed to tell son he's such a good boy and doesn't he feel so much better.
(We repeated this sequence of events with a lot less enthusiasm when son wrecked his clean diaper within 5 minutes of changing with another poop... I guess not going for five days you have at least two diapers worth).
Yes this was the pinnacle of our Sunday afternoon. Parenthood is being excited for poopy diapers.
No comments:
Post a Comment