Thursday, April 22, 2010

Onto Solids

This week we tried solids. Although I'm not sure why they call them solids, cause they sure as hell ain't solid by any definition of science. Essentially liquified veggies. But I digress...

We gave sweet potatoes to Langdon on Sunday. Just a few bites. We didn't time it all that great cause he had his bottle over an hour ago and he was due to go down for a nap. So his patience for being put into a high chair was minimal. We gave him a few bites, it didn't go all over the place, and he actually would open his mouth as we put another spoonful in front of him.

Gave him a little more on Tuesday and it was definitely successful. I would put a bunch in there, he would mush it around in his mouth, and then he would shove his hand in his mouth to suck on his fingers and in the process suck the food down. Works for me!

What should we try next? Beans (yuck) or peas?

I have mixed feelings about this next stage. Part of me is very excited to be giving him "real" food. But part of me is sad that he is getting older and eventually won't need me at all, and I'm a little nervous because up until this point its been pretty darn easy to feed him - milk, milk and milk. Yup got that down no problem. Even have figured out how much milk he needs too. But how do you know if they're getting everything they need when you don't have a all-in-one package like mom's milk??

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you blogging again! Check me out...

    http://doihavetobeadink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete