Thursday, December 10, 2009

6 weeks and regressing

So my wonderful baby who went to a three hour schedule almost immediately has turned six weeks old (well last weekend he did) and has decided to regress. The week of Thanksgiving he even had some four and five hour sleeping stretches at night. It was wonderful, it was bliss, ... what a tease. He has regressed in the last four days to waking up not only every three hours but at times every 90 minutes to two hours. Joy. This blows. And to make things even more fun I have a full house. My 80+ year old grandparents decided to come visit from Canada and stay with us for two weeks. My mother is here too - thank goodness. I love my grandparents and I'm blessed that they are still alive and in reasonably good health, but its been a challenge. Every time Langdon cries and I don't scoop him up immediately I get five million suggestions of what I should do and my grandma gets in his face and makes all sorts of weird loud noises. All the while I'm insisting let him be for about two minutes to see if he's really actually waking up or if he's just transitioning in his sleep. Alot of the time he goes right back to sleep but if the circus gets too loud in their "soothing" of him he's up and I have cranky baby on my hands until the next feeding time.

This week marks the week that Langdon has discovered his ability to spit up. Its not projectile just voluminous. BTW - breast milk stains. I have never done so much laundry in my life. I'm still trying to figure out how one little person who has a ton of clothes has somehow caused the laundry to never end. Before he was born we did laundry once a week on Sunday. Now its a constant cycle. Let me know if you know how this happens...

On the upside he's starting to coo and "talk" when we play with him. We've had some really great days where we have a great cycle of sleep, eat, play, sleep again... going. He takes his naps wonderfully and he sleeps at least three hours at a time at night. And while there is some crying its due to needing to be changed or being done with playing or needing to eat and is easily remedied.

btw - trying to add some recent pictures but website is not cooperating. Will post updated supercute photos soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment