Either its something about this time of year or its just the age that me and all my friends are at and the stage in our lives, but there's pregnant people every where. Last year was the same - we knew roughly 10 couples who were pregnant or had their children in 2009. This year is working out the same, except this time I know many couples who are on their second or third child (and in one case their fourth).
Thankfully this year the pregnancy announcements don't stab me in the heart and wrench my gut the same way they did in 2008 when the announcements started happening. But there are some things that still tick me off a little. I will admit I have "hidden" several face.book friends (these are ppl who I know ancillary as they are my husband's friend's wives, not people I actually see on a regular basis) as their posts were a running commentary about how they and jr were feeling and what jr was wanting to eat b/c mommy was craving, etc etc. Just got a little nauseating and annoying.
But the big one that really irritates me and the reason I write about it was b/c of a friend's whining on facebook this morning. Its the complaining about gaining weight. Really? Seriously?? YOU ARE PREGNANT! (I'm really hoping I didn't complain about this when I was pregnant last year, at least not on this blog...) But seriously - yes I remember there is a phase in early pregnancy when you don't have a belly and you just look fat because the waistline is increasing, etc... but ultimately you actually don't look fat, you just feel fat. And the individual this morning was complaining about the numbers on the scale going up. She's six months prego... what do you expect to happen??? Sigh...
Some complaining is allowed though - complaints about morning sickness, heartburn, sore backs, and swollen feet... I did not have all of these, but these things hurt and are not the enjoyable parts of pregnancy.
I just have some beef with those who complain about things that don't necessarily hurt or they have body issues. I have fond memories of those body "issues"... and really, if there's a time in your life that you can just enjoy not exercising, constantly trying to watch your weight, etc... its during pregnancy (obviously within reason).
Enjoy it. Relax. You're gonna need your rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment