Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

Yesterday was my first Mother's Day. It was a good day. It started out a little rough, since L decided that starting at 2 am he would keep waking up. We think he's teething and has been growing so its causing some disturbance to the sleep patterns. So when he woke up again at 6:30 I was a little cranky with the husband since I had an expectation that on Mother's Day I would get to sleep in... but he did finally get up around 7:30 and send me back to bed, so that made it better.

We then met up with Dh's family - parents and sister's family - for a brunch... didn't really want to go, b/c its always a three ring circus and I was wanting to be selfish on my first mother's day and just be with my boys... but it wasn't so bad and we were outta there in less than 90 minutes. My parents and brother's family don't live in town so I don't get to see them for most of these ancillary "holidays".

Then we headed to the part of the day that I was looking forward to the most. I won tickets through work for the baseball game - Diamondbacks vs. Brewers. Anybody who knows me I really could give two hoots about baseball, but it was the idea of going out with my boys and enjoying time together. I loved it. L had a good time checking things out. The stadium freaked him out a little bit, especially the voice over the loudspeaker but once he got used to it he really enjoyed himself. Even took a little snooze on dad's chest for about 45 minutes.

So it was a good day. I had super high expectations initially but as the day arrived I realized that really its just another day, and its not necessarly about the formal Mother's Day or Father's Day that you have to make a special effort to be with your family and love doing stuff together.

(But it was pretty cool to be told Happy Mother's Day by lots of random people when they see you with your kid... I told Dh its kind of like everybody saying Happy Birthday to you b/c in a way its a special day that you share with other moms)

No comments:

Post a Comment