Went to doc yesterday for another visit. Found out more about this whole measuring thing that came up last time and I completely spaced on asking any questions. Basically, last time baby was measuring on the ultrasound at 29 weeks (I was 28w6d) - so right on target, but when they did the outside belly measurement I was about two weeks ahead and measuring at about 31 weeks. Several reasons for this but most likely in my case it is because of how he's oriented. She said that it appears that he's really stretched out - longways - so its causing my measurements to be about two weeks ahead. Yesterday I measured in at about 34 weeks when I'm just shy of 32 weeks.
Because of my issues with my thyroid early on I've had to go to the endocrinologist every six weeks or so and get a blood draw and a check to make sure nothing has gone hinky. Thankfully I'm only slightly hinky but its not enough to require any medication. But OB docs want me to start coming in every week and they're going to be doing an ultrasound every week just to make sure things are ok. I have mixed feelings about this ... on one hand, hooray for lots of ultrasounds and pictures!, and its a good thing that the docs are taking steps to make sure things progress well as we get near the end... HOWEVER... boo on the fact that I have to go to the doctor every week for the next eight weeks. I was really hoping that for the month of September it would only be two visits and then in October when there's four weeks left we would go every week. Frankly, I'm just tired of going to the doctor in general. Oh well - we will do what needs to be done as long as it means the little boy comes out healthy! And hopefully we can get a better 3D pic of his face on one of these other ultrasound sessions! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment